Amaan Cheval amaan.cheval at gmail.com
Fri Oct 26 07:55:19 UTC 2018

Hey!

I'm assuming you're talking about the "Getting Started: Hello World" task.

On Fri, Oct 26, 2018 at 12:52 PM 18Y5C31 ZENON HANS TANEKA
<zenon.hans.taneka at dhs.sg> wrote:

> I am asked to ask here about how to submit the proof

This is our fault because that specific instruction
(https://devel.rtems.org/wiki/GSoC/GettingStarted#Sendpatchandscreenshot)
was originally meant for GSoC candidates, who didn't have a dashboard
to submit their task screenshots and patches to.

You, being a GCI student, can use the GCI task dashboard to submit the
patch and screenshots to us for review. The patch you're supposed to
submit looks like the one here:

https://devel.rtems.org/wiki/GSoC/GettingStarted#ProveYouCanWorkOnRTEMS

You edit the "testsuites/samples/hello/init.c" file
(https://github.com/RTEMS/rtems/blob/master/testsuites/samples/hello/init.c)
with your own name, for example, compile and run it, and screenshot
that.

So what you submit on the GCI website will be:

1. Screenshot of the output of the unmodified hello.exe running
2. Patch of you having edited the hello/init.c file with your own name
or message
3. Screenshot of the output of the modified hello.exe running

Good luck, and feel free to ask if you have any other questions :)