RISC-V RTEMS Support

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
Fri Sep 21 05:09:04 UTC 2018

Hello Dwaine,

On 20/09/2018 18:58, Molock, Dwaine S. (GSFC-5820) wrote:
> Hello Sebastian,
>
> Which FPGA development board and RISC-V design did you use for implementation and testing?

I used a Digilent Genesys2 with a custom SoC with Rocket and BOOM cores.
I tried to port RTEMS to the SiFive E310 SoC for the Digilent Arty
board. Unfortunately the SiFive E310 has no external memory controller
and you cannot do much with 16KiB of RAM in RTEMS. See also:

https://groups.google.com/a/groups.riscv.org/forum/#!topic/sw-dev/qlW16wV7Cek

> Did you use the generic or patched version of QEMU?

I used this Qemu without patches:

https://github.com/riscv/riscv-qemu

The upstream Qemu didn't work at the time.

E-Mail  : sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de