rtems_message_queue_receive / rtems_event_receive issues

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
Fri Sep 21 07:02:19 UTC 2018

On 21/09/2018 08:59, Catalin Demergian wrote:
> So my question is: why would a task stop getting CPU time ?

In RTEMS you have priority based schedulers. If there is a higher
priority ready thread then a lower priority thread will not run.

> Where is the code in the RTEMS scheduler that decides what is the next
> task to put on the CPU ?
> I saw there are 58 files with scheduler functionality in the code base
> .. where should I start to look ?

You can use the RTEMS shell to figure out the status of a running
system, e.g. use cpuuse and task commands. Make sure that the shell task
has a high enough priority.

--
Sebastian Huber, embedded brains GmbH

Phone   : +49 89 189 47 41-16