rtems_message_queue_receive / rtems_event_receive issues

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Tue Sep 25 22:10:11 UTC 2018

On 25/09/2018 21:37, Catalin Demergian wrote:
> what does it mean exactly to run with the RTEMS master ?

This is our short hand for saying use the development version of RTEMS,
specifically the next release called RTEMS 5. It requires cloning a couple of
git repos and using them rather than the releases. The work flow should be the
same. This code is stable at the moment and should work.

> The problem is like this: I initially had a USB stack for my STM32F7 that was
> working on a bareboard (no OS)
> Starting from that, I integrated that USB code in RTEMS 4.11.2. This was a long
> duration task, until I got it working
> a spent a lot if time changing the makefiles first to add my new files to the
> project, then analysing the USB bus with a sniffer
> and various other stuff to see it working.

I have done this myself on a NIOS a few years ago. It is a lot of work.

When you say "changing the makefiles" who's makefiles are these?

> To try with another RTEMS version would mean redo the USB integration; I can't
> consider this as a viable option because it
> would take a long time until I would be in the same place, and there are no
> guarantees it will not fail in the same way.

I think I may be missing something here. Did you merge your code into the RTEMS
source tree?

> I think the only good option would be to debug in my code base and understand
> what's going on.

This is understandable.

Do you have a JTAG debugger that can set breakpoints and step at the instruction
level?

Chris