rtems_message_queue_receive / rtems_event_receive issues

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
Wed Sep 26 07:26:15 UTC 2018

On 26/09/2018 09:21, Catalin Demergian wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Did you add your code to the RTEMS source tree?
> -> yes, I had to add the USB files, because there was no USB support
> in my code base

If you integrate code into the RTEMS source tree, then you should use
the master branch and try to upstream this work, otherwise it strongly
recommend to keep it outside the RTEMS source tree.

> There are new fatal errors in the master branch
> INTERNAL_ERROR_THREAD_QUEUE_ENQUEUE_STICKY_FROM_BAD_STATE,
> INTERNAL_ERROR_BAD_THREAD_DISPATCH_DISABLE_LEVEL, and
> INTERNAL_ERROR_BAD_THREAD_DISPATCH_ENVIRONMENT
> which may help to detect a problem you encountered.
> -> changing the RTEMS code base and try it would mean a lot of work,
> because I would have to
> re-integrate my USB code in it, it will probably won't work right
> away, like it was the case for RTEMS 4.11.2,
> debug a lot, sniff the USB line with an analyzer, and so on ... the
> effort is big, and if I will have the same issue
> in the new code it will all be for nothing, because I will have to
> debug the issue in the new code after all.
> *The error codes INTERNAL_ERROR_BAD_THREAD_DISPATCH_DISABLE_LEVEL and*
> *INTERNAL_ERROR_BAD_THREAD_DISPATCH_ENVIRONMENT seem interesting ...
> what would be really helpful is*
> *to integrate only these changes in my codebase as a patch ... can you
> refer me to those patches ?*

*I think it is not possible to back port this easily.

*

> You can also use the --enable-rtems-debug configure option
> -> yes, that seems like a good idea; how does it work ? when it
> detects an inconsistency it is displayed at the console ?
> or in order to see if there was an inconsistency I have to enter some
> commands in the shell ?

An assert message is printed via printk(), then you end up in the
_Terminate() function.

--
Sebastian Huber, embedded brains GmbH

Phone   : +49 89 189 47 41-16