RTEMS 5 build on a Mac with the latest compilers?

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Wed Sep 19 01:08:18 UTC 2018

On 19/09/2018 03:18, Mr. Andrei Chichak wrote:
> I was wondering if anybody has tried to do a clean build if the HEAD with Apple’s latest version of Xcode?

Not yet.

> Apple dropped Xcode 10.0 yesterday with all fo the associated command line tools. Since these are used to build the RTEMS tools, it seemed to be a dangerous update.

I saw this yesterday and I have not had a chance to fetch it and try. I forgot
to kick off the install last night.

> I always get a flinch when there is a .0 version compiler being dropped and I’m in the middle of a project.

Sure. I have a machine here for just this purpose.

The only recent issue I have seen is with APFS on high end MacBooks with large
solid state disks. I thought we had a patch to work around the issue but I
cannot find it in the RSB and I was building tools on that machine on the
weekend without a problem so something must have been fixed.

The only other problem I know of is a BSD vs GNU sed issue on FreeBSD and MacOS...

 https://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/attachment.cgi?id=41380

Chris