Release 5.0.0 not found

Joel Sherrill joel at rtems.org
Tue Aug 6 13:49:38 UTC 2019

Although there does need to be a 5.x release, the www-new.rtems.org site
was/is an
experiment and shouldn't be treated as official.

As far as the release 5.x goes, all work toward making a release is done by
unpaid
volunteers. There are a number of tickets which need triaging and deferring
as a minimum.
Fixing is preferable. We aren't getting enough tool build results posted.
And there certainly
aren't enough BSP test runs being posted.

Sebastian and I periodically do tool builds on our preferred hosts but that
doesn't give
the broad coverage we need. I post results on a few simulators.

This ignores the time required to cut a release. Invariably something has
changed or
is broken that has to be fixed before a release can be made. It typically
takes 2-3
weeks to tidy everything up and package it.

I'm not blaming you. You just reported a broken link. I just thought it was
an opportunity
to point out the challenges in getting releases made.

--joel