Floating point support in ARM926ejs

Amarnath MB amarnath.mb at mistralsolutions.com
Fri Jan 4 10:08:12 UTC 2019

Hi,

I'm working on developing an RTEMS 5.0 BSP for a new SOC based on ARM926EJS.
I was able to successfully boot RTEMS and run hello.exe and ticker.exe
testsuite samples using u-boot.

Currently, I'm facing an issue with floating point values, in my test
Init.c file I have added a simple printf statement like below,

*float data = 1.234;printf("Data : %f\n", data);*
After loading the test executable, I'm getting the print as '*Data : %f*'
in the console. I have added
*CPU_CFLAGS = -mcpu=arm926ej-s -mthumb -mfloat-abi=soft *in the .cfg file
for the BSP.

Am I missing any further configuration here?
As per my understanding when I use -mfloat-abi=soft, then there must be a
software floating point library support in
the executable build and this library is enough for printing the float
value using %f. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

The SoC has a VFP9-S Floating point coprocessor inside, so I tried
replacing  -mfloat-abi=soft with -mfloat-abi=hard.
But during the build, it gives error "configure: error: C compiler cannot
create executables".

*Thank you & Regards,*
*Amarnath MB*