Creating older RTEMS5 tools

Ian Caddy ianc at goanna.iinet.net.au
Fri Jan 11 08:51:13 UTC 2019

I guess to answer my own question after I have had a bit more of a look
into this, I assume it would be OK to change the build set?

I am building for the arm platform so it uses the "rtems-default.bset"

On my July 18 system this is:

5/rtems-autotools
devel/expat-2.1.0-1
tools/rtems-binutils-2.30
tools/rtems-gcc-7.3.0-newlib-3.0.0
tools/rtems-gdb-8.0.1-1
tools/rtems-tools-5-1
tools/rtems-kernel-5

On my Dec 18 MSYS2 system it is:

5/rtems-autotools
devel/expat-2.1.0-1
tools/rtems-gdb-8.0.1-1
tools/rtems-binutils-2.31.1
tools/rtems-gcc-7.4.0-newlib-2ab57ad59bc35dafffa69cd4da5e228971de069f
tools/rtems-tools-5-1
tools/rtems-kernel-5

I assume it would be OK to change:

tools/rtems-binutils-2.31.1
tools/rtems-gcc-7.4.0-newlib-2ab57ad59bc35dafffa69cd4da5e228971de069f

back to:

tools/rtems-binutils-2.30
tools/rtems-gcc-7.3.0-newlib-3.0.0

I am going to attempt this, but if there is a better way, I would more
than happy to try it.

regards,

Ian C.