[EXTERNAL] Re: Filesystem Driver Porting Guide

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
Tue Jul 9 05:30:55 UTC 2019

On 08/07/2019 21:52, Molock, Dwaine S. (GSFC-5820) wrote:
> A RTEMS driver for UFFS flash filesystem and an existing RTEMS 4.10 driver for a custom in-house filesystem.

Is the UFFS support somewhere available? Is it a useful and stable file
system?

> We need to update the custom filesystem and UFFS to work with RTEMS 5.

There is no update guide available. I would have a look at the JFFS2
file system adaption as an example:

https://git.rtems.org/rtems/tree/cpukit/libfs/src/jffs2/src/fs-rtems.c

It should be straight forward to implement the handlers:

https://docs.rtems.org/doxygen/branches/master/group__LibIOFSHandler.html

The biggest changes are in the path evaluation which is now much simpler
in the file system since a lot of code moved to generic support function.

--
Sebastian Huber, embedded brains GmbH

Phone   : +49 89 189 47 41-16
Fax     : +49 89 189 47 41-09