RTEMS C++ examples?

Joel Sherrill joel at rtems.org
Wed Jul 24 23:25:09 UTC 2019

We don't have any great C++ examples but there are samples like cdtest.
Personally, I am in the habit of having an rtems_config.c file which does
configuration and startup and calls main. Just have a C++ main that is
called from the Init thread. Pure POSIX code in the "main()".

One open issue we don't know the right solution to is how to mix C/C++
threads with POSIX threads. The language threads don't have as many
attributes as POSIX threads including stack size and priority. Ignoring
that, the task synchronization objects in C++ should just work on RTEMS.

Maybe you can create (or port) some neat examples. And we could talk about
them on embedded.fm. :)

--joel