[EXTERNAL] Re: BeagleBone Black Networking (wifi and/or wired)

Oyake, Amalaye (386M) amalaye.oyake at jpl.nasa.gov
Sat Jun 8 02:57:02 UTC 2019

Device Tree overays are a method used to update the Device Tree. Given a device tree that describes all the devices, let's say you add a new SPI device, you can update the device tree with a (blob) device tree overlay.

I should ask (without Googling), What is the Device Tree Overlay mechanism in RTEMS?

Regards,
* Amalaye Oyake, NASA / Jet Propulsion Laboratory.  */\  *
* Jet Propulsion Laboratory, Pasadena               *||  *

On 6/7/19, 6:17 PM, "users on behalf of Chris Johns" <users-bounces at rtems.org on behalf of chrisj at rtems.org> wrote:

    On 8/6/19 1:53 am, Vijay Kumar Banerjee wrote:

    > I would like to add that in two projects of this year( I2C and PRU-ICSS drivers) we
    > are using our own device tree overlays that make our drivers work. Where to add
    > the device
    > tree related stuff seems like an important question.

    What are device tree overlays?

    Chris