samples/hello no output on BBB

Lou Woods Lou.Woods at OARcorp.com
Fri Jun 21 21:14:04 UTC 2019

Hello all,

To make sure something isn’t horribly broken in RTEMS with regards to the BBB, I ran the RTEMS test suite on the BBB and it seems to work as expected.  Out of 597 tests 572 tests passed including hello.exe.   This is the latest RTEMS 5 build tree.

I don’t have any experience with rtems-boot-image unfortunately so I’m not much help there.  I used objcopy and mkimage to create an image loadable on U-boot via tftp.

For what it’s worth this is the configure line I used:
  $ ../rtems/configure --target=arm-rtems5 --enable-rtemsbsp=beagleboneblack --prefix=/home/labtester/test/ATF/bsp-install/ --enable-networking --enable-posix --disable-smp --disable-multiprocessing --enable-tests --enable-cxx --enable-maintainer-mode

Lou

From: users <users-bounces at rtems.org> On Behalf Of Nils Hölscher
Sent: Friday, June 21, 2019 4:03 AM
To: users at rtems.org; chrisj at rtems.org
Subject: samples/hello no output on BBB

Hi,

I make bootable SD-image for the BBB with Chris tool:
$ rtems-boot-image -o sd-card.img -b u-boot-beaglebone -s 32m -k hello.exe u-boot/MLO u-boot/u-boot.img

When I boot with serial connected I get the following output:
"
Booting kernel from Legacy Image at 82000000 ...
Image Name:   RTEMS
Created:      2019-06-17   8:03:14 UTC
Image Type:   ARM Linux Kernel Image (gzip compressed)
Data Size:    48801 Bytes = 47.7 KiB
Load Address: 80000000
Entry Point:  80000000
Verifying Checksum ... OK
Uncompressing Kernel Image ... OK

Starting kernel ...
"

But the Hello world prints are missing.
The board just restarts after a few minutes.
Can anyone help me, please?

I attached my config log from samples.

Best,
Nils