zynq uart

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
Thu Jun 6 05:09:08 UTC 2019

On 05/06/2019 16:17, Andy James wrote:

> I’m trying to get UART input working on my ZYBO Zynq development board
> – I can use printf but scanf and getchar both hang up
>
> Is there an issue with the driver?
>
> [...]
>
> //#define CONFIGURE_APPLICATION_NEEDS_CLOCK_DRIVER
> #define CONFIGURE_APPLICATION_NEEDS_SIMPLE_CONSOLE_DRIVER

The simple console driver is intended for test suite output:

https://docs.rtems.org/branches/master/c-user/configuring_a_system.html#configure-application-needs-simple-console-driver

Polled input seems to be not implemented or the missing clock driver is
a problem. With

#define CONFIGURE_APPLICATION_NEEDS_CLOCK_DRIVER

the scanf() should work.

--
Sebastian Huber, embedded brains GmbH

Phone   : +49 89 189 47 41-16