Memory Mapped registers in RTEMS

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
Mon Mar 4 11:13:07 UTC 2019

On 04/03/2019 11:58, Andy James wrote:

> I need to access some memory mapped registers (AXI bus, Zynq,
> Zedboard)  in my init.c program – I can’t seem to find a simple way of
> doing this
>
> In RTEMS (as in devmem.c in Linux).  Can anyone point me to some
> resources that describe how to do this?

There is no standard API for low-level IO access in RTEMS such as

https://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=bus_space&apropos=0&sektion=9

or the Linux <asm/io.h>.

Device registers are usually accessed via structures and a volatile
pointer plus BSP/architecture specific memory barriers.

--
Sebastian Huber, embedded brains GmbH

Phone   : +49 89 189 47 41-16
Fax     : +49 89 189 47 41-09