Beaglebone help needed

Sarvesh Patkar psarvesh314 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 6 07:07:45 UTC 2019

Hey everyone,

I went through the quick start guide and could build the Hello World for
the sparc/erc32 target.

I would like to contribute to RTEMS in adding functionality and maybe,
writing BSPs for some development boards that I have. I started with
Beaglebone Black.

There are a few questions that I have as follows.

   1. There is a build set called beagle.bset that is defined in Ben Gras's
   Github repository (
   https://github.com/bengras/rtems-source-builder/tree/beagle), that
   hasn't been merged into the main rtems-source-builder git repository. Is
   there a way to know if that will happen?
   2. The instructions given in the blog link mentioned on the ticket
   https://devel.rtems.org/ticket/2891 do not seem to work because the link
   for fetching the mpc library is broken/wrong. (I corrected the link locally
   and the sb-set-builder seems to go beyond that error) I think this change
   was made already in all branches in the official repository but not Ben's.
   I see another error while running sb-set-builder during compilation of
   ubsan.c (gcc-6.3.0) as follows. Is there a patch for this that I can apply
   to fix my local clone of the rsb ?

../../gcc-6.3.0/gcc/ubsan.c: In function 'bool
ubsan_use_new_style_p(location_t)':
../../gcc-6.3.0/gcc/ubsan.c:1474:23: error: ISO C++ forbids comparison
between pointer and integer [-fpermissive]
       || xloc.file == '\0' || xloc.file[0] == '\xff'

Any help in this matter is highly appreciated. If not the Beaglebone black,
I have some ARM Cortex-M boards that I would like to work towards.

Thank you for the help.

Regards,
Sarvesh