Beaglebone help needed

Sarvesh Patkar psarvesh314 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 6 20:17:46 UTC 2019

Thank you for the responses!

Chris,

I was using Ben's repository and not git.rtems.org. I will test it with
https://git.rtems.org/rtems-source-builder/ some time later today to see if
it works.

Christian,

I didn't know the documentation is outdated.

I would like to understand what part of Beaglebone black BSP has not been
implemented. The list on the ticket mentioned

PRU - programmable realtime units, interesting realtime applications
I2C
ADC
Framebuffer
USB
Ethernet
GPIO
CAN
MMC (internal flash & sdcard)

>From the repository https://git.rtems.org/rtems/tree/bsps/arm/beagle, it
seems the i2c, spi, uart, gpio, pwm are implemented. I am not sure if I am
looking at the right place. So, it would be great if you could let me know,
where to look, to understand the BSP better.

I understand why we don't need the tools to build the application. I will
try your way with the scripts from the Gitlab repository and try to build a
sample application.

You mentioned a Wifi example, but there is an ethernet chip on board and no
Wifi chip. Is there a reason why an external Wifi chip is used and not the
ethernet chip? Also, are all networking applications for RTEMS going to use
the rtems-libbsd going forward?

Thank you for the help.

Regards,
Sarvesh