Beaglebone help needed

Gedare Bloom gedare at rtems.org
Mon Mar 11 16:07:11 UTC 2019

On Thu, Mar 7, 2019 at 5:03 AM Christian Mauderer <
christian.mauderer at embedded-brains.de> wrote:

> Am 07.03.19 um 09:52 schrieb Sarvesh Patkar:
> > Hey Chris and Christian,
> >
> > Thank you for the prompt responses.
> >
> > I think there is no update needed to the rtems-source-builder at this
> > time for beaglebone. After understanding what Christian told me, I
> > realized that I just needed to use the rtems-arm build set. Then, I
> > followed this
> > README https://git.rtems.org/rtems/tree/bsps/arm/beagle/README from the
> > master branch of rtems and ran the ticker sample on the beaglebone.
> >
> > For now, I think I will stick to figuring out more about the PRU or ADC
> > peripherals and try to write the respective drivers for the BSP.  Since
> > I am not associated with GSoC or any other institute, I will keep an eye
> > on the mailing lists and make sure I am not duplicating work which
> > others are doing on the Beaglebone black.
> >
> > Thanks again for all the help.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Sarvesh
>
> Hello Sarvesh,
>
> good to hear that you managed to get started. Sorry that I assumed that
> you are a student interested in GSoC participation. We currently have
> the phase where the students start to search for projects.

I had some similar thoughts in my head as I was reading. Sarvesh, if you're
interested, you might be able to co-mentor a BB-related project in "tag
along" mode just to keep yourself involved and learning. Let me know if
that is something you'd like to try.