[driver] non-volatile flash

Nicolás Torres phinicota at gmail.com
Fri Mar 29 23:16:38 UTC 2019

Hi,
I'm starting development for a non-volatile flash driver (norflash) and
would like to know where I should start.
I understand I should respect the IO Manager interface (with the driver
table: read, open, init, write, etc).

I do not understand if there is a standard way to manage block devices.
I've seen this:
https://docs.rtems.org/doxygen/releases/rtems-doxygen-4.11.3/group__rtems__blkdev.html

If I do NOT intend to mount a filesystem on the memory, should I implement
a generic disk device? (I'm no interested in the device buffer funtionalty
neither).

I've seen an example of a norflash implementing the flash disk device
interface, what would be the advantage of using this instead of the generic
disk device api?

Any help in pointing me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
Regards