Complete stall: root causes and diagnosis

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
Fri Mar 29 11:00:36 UTC 2019

On 27/03/2019 03:02, Tim Gaggstatter wrote:
> B) Is there a way we can somehow get out of this situation to diagnose
> it, ideally getting the stacktrace of the halted threads? Is there
> some kind of non-maskable interrupt I can send  to make a postmortem
> diagnosis w/o needing to reboot?

I would first try to figure out in which state the targets are. It is
important to install handlers for all unexpected exceptions and make
sure that they you use a defined stack pointer to handle the exceptions.
In the handler I would place the target state in a non-volatile memory,
reset the target and then send the information to someone.

--
Sebastian Huber, embedded brains GmbH

Phone   : +49 89 189 47 41-16
Fax     : +49 89 189 47 41-09