RTEMS_FATAL_SOURCE_EXCEPTION in RTEMS

Amarnath MB amarnath.mb at mistralsolutions.com
Wed May 1 14:28:23 UTC 2019

Hi All,

I'm developing RTEMS 5.00 BSP and device drivers for a custom ARM926EJ-S
core. I was successful in porting and building BSP for the ARM core.

We are facing a strange issue with the generic NOR flash driver we have
developed. Our device drivers are designed such that it can be used with
RTEMS as well as the bare metal programs.
Our driver is working fine in bare metal program (erase, read, write
everything), but when we use the driver with RTEMS application and issue an
erase call, then the application gives RTEMS_FATAL_SOURCE_EXCEPTION.

For testing driver in RTEMS, we have added each test routine as a custom
shell command using rtems_shell_add_cmd().

For your info we also tested the same driver with u-boot and it works
fines.
Can anyone guide me on this issue?

*Thank you & Regards,*
*Amarnath MB*