RTEMS_FATAL_SOURCE_EXCEPTION in RTEMS

Amarnath MB amarnath.mb at mistralsolutions.com
Thu May 2 09:18:48 UTC 2019

Hi Christian,

As per your suggestion, i tried disabling  global interrupt before my erase
call and enabling it afterwards. With this setup the test routine is
passing without giving exception. So i think, interrupt was the issue here.

Flash controller is implemented using the AHB to external SRAM interface in
the Cortex-M System Design Kit and there are no pins shared between RAM and
NOR Flash.  We can't doubt that flash is blocking bus accesses for the RAM,
because the test executes fine in the uboot running from RAM.

You had mentioned there are a lot of possible reasons for a
RTEMS_FATAL_SOURCE_EXCEPTION, is it somewhere documented what all reasons
can cause this exception. Any references would be very much helpful.

Thank you once again for your prompt response, it really saved lot of our
time.

Below is the exception frame we got,
FYI, 0x0 - 0x007FFFFF is NOR Flash and 0x40000000 to 0x7FFFFFFF the RAM.

*** FATAL ***
fatal source: 9 (RTEMS_FATAL_SOURCE_EXCEPTION)

R0   = 0x00000040 R8  = 0x00100000
R1   = 0x00080000 R9  = 0x00000001
R2   = 0x00000048 R10 = 0x4010a3e8
R3   = 0x00000048 R11 = 0x4011737c
R4   = 0x00000a00 R12 = 0x00000000
R5   = 0x00000500 SP  = 0x40100c40
R6   = 0x00000055 LR  = 0x4000a36c
R7   = 0x000000aa PC  = 0x003fde80
CPSR = 0x200000d2 VEC = 0x00000001
RTEMS version: 5.0.0.
RTEMS tools: 7.4.0 20181206 (RTEMS 5, RSB
40ae056f12e1cbe530f76a3ebd1e2ac745a888ef, Newlib
dc6e94551f09d3a983afd571478d63a09d6f66fa)
executing thread ID: 0x08a010002
executing thread name: Alpi

*Thank you & Regards,*
*Amarnath MB*