installing Doorstop on macOS (for RTEMS use)

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
Wed Oct 30 13:24:50 UTC 2019

On 25/10/2019 01:18, Chris Johns wrote:
> On 24/10/19 9:52 pm, Andrew Butterfield wrote:
>>    I got around to doing a doorstop install that does not rely on homebrew,
>> using the python.org <http://python.org> distribution for 3.8
>>
>> Everything worked fine - python3 is installed in /Library just like the OS X
>> native python 2.7
>> Doorstop runs just fine too.
>
> Excellent and thanks for this. I think this or the other solution that was
> posted should work. This means I cannot see any blockers for Doorstop on our
> supported hosts.

Ok, great. Thanks for all the testing and other valuable input.

I think on macOS we have now five options:

1. homebrew

2. MacPorts

3. python.org installer

4. pyenv

5. wait for Apple to ship a Python 3

We need a recommendation for the user manual.

--
Sebastian Huber, embedded brains GmbH

Phone   : +49 89 189 47 41-16
Fax     : +49 89 189 47 41-09