Three chip erc32 Re: CONFIGURE_APPLICATION_NEEDS_CLOCK_DRIVER macro issue

Jiri Gaisler jiri at gaisler.se
Tue Sep 3 20:07:59 UTC 2019

On 9/3/19 9:14 AM, Jiri Gaisler wrote:

> Hmm, maybe clock driver code has been changed during the years to read
> or write some register bits that are illegal on the 3-chip ERC32. This
> would cause a trap to error mode and most likely a watchdog reset. I
> quickly looked through the ERC32 clock driver code but could not see
> anything obvious. It could also be an ERC32 interrupt driver issue -
> enabling interrupts seems to trigger the problem. I will try to run
> ticker on an old version of sis that did some more checks for the
> 3-chip version ...

Could not find any problems with the ERC32 ticker.exe binary on an older
sis, runs just fine.

One thing to look out for is the watchdog timeout. RTEMS does not touch
the watchdog, so if the board hardware or firmware does not disable the
watchdog, program that runs longer than a few seconds will be reset by
the watchdog. This would apply to ticker ...

Jiri.