symbol resolve between the two RAP files

jameszxj jameszxj at gmail.com
Thu Sep 12 03:05:14 UTC 2019

HI,

It is possible, declare 'a_test_fun()' as a weak function in b.c, this makes rtems-ld happy.
When load object file strong symbol will be link first.

From: "jaeho jo"<hot486two at gmail.com>;
Date: Tue, Sep 10, 2019 08:23 AM
To: "users"<users at rtems.org>;

Subject: symbol resolve between the two RAP files

I wonder if I can resolve the symbol between the two RAP files for dynamic load.

ex)
a.c. / b.c. / main.c.

a.c. -> a.rap
- define 'a_test_func()'

b.c. -> b.rap
- use 'a_test_func()'

main.c -> BaseImage

Attempting to generate b.c. as b.rap using rtems-ld, an error occurs    $ rtems-ld -b BaseImage -e b_main b.o -o b.rap
   => error: b.o: symbol not found: a_test_func

I already know why this problem occurs, since BaseImage does not have a symbol for 'a_test_func'

Is there a way to solve this? Or is it impossible at all?