Touchscreen Input Device with RTEMS (evdev)

Vijay Kumar Banerjee vijay at rtems.org
Mon Apr 6 06:43:11 UTC 2020

On Mon, Apr 6, 2020 at 5:00 AM Chris Johns <chrisj at rtems.org> wrote:

> On 2020-04-06 06:17, furkan bodur wrote:
> > Hello everyone,
> > I am trying to make an simple HMI system . I am using LittlevGL with BSD
> > framebuffer. Thanks to Vijay, I made a lot of progress, but I can't
> > figure it out how to use touchscreen or any input devices. I followed
> > LVGL docs and tried to work with evdev drivers but it doesn't work.
> >
> > I used input.h and other necessary headers from rtems-libbsd and my app
> > successfully compiled but when I run it on the Beagle Black, I am
> > getting "unable open evdev interface:: No such file or directory" error
> > in serial screen.
> >
> > I checked the files in Serial screen and noticed that there is no input
> > folder in the /dev directory, as in Linux systems. I think that's the
> > reason of the error, but I don't know where I made the mistake.
> >
> > Any suggestions for me to use evdev properly?
>
> I can see there is evdev code in libbsd so at least it is present. Are
> you able to confirm the evdev code is being built and linked into your
> application?
>
> On FreeBSD I have ...
>
> $ ls -las /dev/input
> total 1
> 1 dr-xr-xr-x   2 root  wheel   512 Mar 21 08:22 .
> 1 dr-xr-xr-x  11 root  wheel   512 Mar 21 08:22 ..
> 0 crw-------   1 root  wheel   0xc Mar 21 08:22 event0
> 0 crw-------   1 root  wheel  0x29 Mar 21 08:22 event1
> 0 crw-------   1 root  wheel  0x8f Mar 22 13:42 event2
> 0 crw-------   1 root  wheel  0xa3 Mar 21 08:23 event4
>
> but I am not sure how they were created.

Hi Furkan,

Thanks for posting about your project in the list, good to know that you
made progress with it.
 Please check the command that Chris mentioned. There's evdev code in
libbsd and is enabled
in the default build as well,  so it's supposed to be there. If we're
lucky, the only thing that needs
to be done in order to run lvgl input is to port lv_drivers input to BSD.
Currently, it uses Linux
headers and codes. I think we'll just have to change the header includes in
lv_drivers/indev/evdev.c
and if we're lucky, it'll work.

Best regards,
Vijay