Question about rtems_cpu_usage_report

Joel Sherrill joel at rtems.org
Mon Apr 27 12:49:36 UTC 2020

On Mon, Apr 27, 2020 at 1:10 AM Sebastian Huber <

> Hello Carmen,
>
> On 24/04/2020 10:10, Carmen Pastor wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > I've a question for RTEMS 4.10. I'm using the function
> > rtems_cpu_usage_report() to get the CPU usage, and it is working well
> > but now I need to process the data of the output report, so I would
> > like to get the report data in some kind of structure. I see the function
> > rtems_cpu_usage_report_with_plugin() but I don't know how use it,
> > could someone of you give me an example?
> unfortunately, the CPU usage report is not available in a structure. You
> could refactor the rtems_cpu_usage_report_with_plugin() function and add
> a variant which passes a structure with the CPU usage to a visitor
> function.

FWIW the stack usage information is in the same situation. These are both
desirable features but no one has stepped up to see that they got
implemented.

I know of at least one application that actually wrote the reports to a
file and then
parsed it to get their structure. Why they didn't invest the effort in
refactoring the
code, I don't know.

--joel

--joel