RTEMS book - Real-Time Systems Development with RTEMS and Multicore Processors

Gedare Bloom gedare at rtems.org
Wed Dec 9 15:45:10 UTC 2020

Hi Juan,

I guess I have some experience with the book and should recommend it. For
just starting out however I would strongly encourage you to begin by
browsing our documentation/manuals: https://docs.rtems.org/
especially begin with the User Manual.

The book goes into great depth about some of the underlying
theoretical aspects and a technical minutiae (e.g., how exception handling
really works down low). It should be a thorough, comprehensive guide to
someone to begin building a solid foundation or to relate what they already
know about RTOS to RTEMS.

My co-authors and I are hoping to work on a companion manual that would
provide many code examples to make the topics more approachable for
hands-on learners, but that will probably take a lot of time since we do
this for glory and not money ;)

Also, we'll be really grateful to hear any reviews or suggestions in case
we do prepare the companion manual or a second edition. Already quite a bit
of the first edition is starting to become dated due to rapid changes
happening in RTEMS 5 and 6.

Gedare