simple networking

M. Dodson md403 at cam.ac.uk
Mon Feb 3 17:10:37 UTC 2020

On 3 Feb 2020, at 16:43, M. Dodson <md403 at cam.ac.uk<mailto:md403 at cam.ac.uk>> wrote:

Hi,

I’m trying to set up a simple example using TCP/IP comms in RTEMS.

I’m using rtems5 and targeting RISC-V (rv64imac_medany).

I’ve tried to follow the RTEMS Networking User Manual.  The manual says RTEMS_BSP_NETWORK_DRIVER_ATTACH RTEMS_BSP_NETWORK_DRIVER_NAME should be defined in my bsp.h file, but I don’t see them defined anywhere.

I’ve built RTEMS according to the quick start guide.  Do I need to do something differently to build RTEMS for networking use?

Addition:

I’m trying to build these examples with waf and I might simply be confused about the flow.

For example, it’s unclear to me, when using waf, when I would specify --enable-networking.

Thanks,

Mike