Using PWM on the beaglebone black

James Fitzsimons james.fitzsimons at gmail.com
Mon Jul 13 10:17:01 UTC 2020

HI Chris,

On Fri, 10 Jul 2020 at 11:27, Chris Johns <chrisj at rtems.org> wrote:

> On 5/7/20 8:23 pm, James Fitzsimons wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Problem solved!
> >
> > After coming back to this fresh the next day I realised I had gone down
> > a blind alley with the device tree thinking. The PWM driver does all
> > hardware configuration required - no fdt required.
>
> I have done this a number of times :)

I am very glad to hear I am not alone and in good company ;-)

> Thank for the patch and thank you for posting your progress as you
> solved the problem.

Thanks for the encouragement. I'm hoping to get an eQEP driver written for
this BSP next.

I've also been exchanging emails with Niteesh (who is implementing the FDT
support for the Beaglebone BSP as part of the GSoC) to ensure that the new
eQEP driver will also work with the FDT configuration approach.

Cheers,
James

Chris