help with RTEMS

Gedare Bloom gedare at rtems.org
Sat Jul 25 16:26:45 UTC 2020

Hello,

On Wed, May 13, 2020 at 5:56 AM BORJA HERRADOR MARTIN <
100329957 at alumnos.uc3m.es> wrote:

> Hi, I recently started my end-of-degree project on RTEMS and I have had
> some questions during the installation.
> First I would like to know to whom or to what mail I can send the
> questions I have...
>
> The doubt I have about the installation is that I can't find the 5.1
> version of RTEMS (https://ftp.rtems.org/pub/rtems/releases/5/), the last
> one I find is 5.0.0-m2005-2/
> So I've done git a:
> git clone git://git.rtems.org/rtems-source-builder.git rsb
> git clone git://git.rtems.org/rtems.git
> As the guide says in section 2.3.2 (
> https://docs.rtems.org/branches/master/user/start/sources.html)

You should be able to find the release candidate for 5.1 now, under
https://ftp.rtems.org/pub/rtems/releases/5/rc/

> I have installed everything as it says in the guide and in the last point
> when I create the i386 bsp for pc386 I get this error:
> [image: Error del BSP.png]
>
> I don't know if this happens because of my Ubuntu version, since I'm using
> Ubuntu 20.04 LTS and the guide is made for version 18.04.1
>
> Someone can help me please, thanks and greetings.

Apologies for the majorly delayed response times. Hard times all around...
The 'sis' simulator tool doesn't support the pc386 target, so there is no
pc386-sis.ini config file to try to run the (non-existent) tool. We test
pc386 using qemu.