RTEMS Release Snapshot: 5.0.0-m2003 (03 Mar 2020)

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Wed Mar 4 08:50:29 UTC 2020

On 4/3/20 4:20 pm, Michael Davidsaver wrote:
> On 3/3/20 1:29 AM, chrisj at rtems.org wrote:
>> RTEMS Release Build - 5.0.0-m2003
>>
>> RTEMS 5 Release snapshot m2003 is avaliable for testing.
>> It can be found at:
>>
>>  https://ftp.rtems.org/pub/rtems/releases/5/5.0.0/5.0.0-m2003
>>
>> Please test and report any issues to the user at rtems.org or devel at rtems.org
>> mailing lists or please raise a ticket.
>>
>> If you are part of the RTEMS testing program please build on your preferred
>> host posting build and BSP test results to build at rtems.org.
>>
>> This is a development release and may have errors and be unstable.
>
> Picking up where I left off last month.

Thank you for doing this. I appreciate your feedback.

>> $ wget https://ftp.rtems.org/pub/rtems/releases/5/5.0.0/5.0.0-m2003/rtems-source-builder-5.0.0-m2003.tar.xz
>> $ tar -xaf rtems-source-builder-5.0.0-m2003.tar.xz
>> $ cd rtems-source-builder-5.0.0-m2003/rtems/
>> $ cat <<EOF > config/5/bsps/pc686.bset
>> %define mail_single_report 1
>> %define with_rtems_bsp pc686
>> %define rtems_target   i386-rtems5
>> %define rtems_host     %{rtems_target}
>> 5/rtems-i386
>> 5/rtems-kernel
>> 5/rtems-libbsd
>> 5/rtems-packages

I am going to add a pc.bset file to the RSB soon. It will default to the pc686 BSP.

>> EOF
>> $ ../source-builder/sb-set-builder --prefix /home/mdavidsaver/source/rtems/usr 5/bsps/pc686 --source-only-download
>> package: rtems-tools-5.0.0-m2003-1
>> download: https://git.rtems.org/rtems-tools/snapshot/rtems-tools-5.0.0-m2003.tar.xz -> sources/rtems-tools-5.0.0-m2003.tar.xz
>> download: https://git.rtems.org/rtems-tools/snapshot/rtems-tools-5.0.0-m2003.tar.xz: error: HTTP Error 400: Bad request
>> error: downloading https://git.rtems.org/rtems-tools/snapshot/rtems-tools-5.0.0-m2003.tar.xz: all paths have failed, giving up

When did you download the RSB?

Could you please check the sha512 matches the checksum in online sha512sum.txt.
I had a few packaging errors generating this release that I fixed so it sat for
a while with bad files. I am sorry about this.

> I manually download the following to sources/

Ah ok. This is a bug in the release script I need to fix. There should be a
single copy in the top level release directory. The extra packages in the
sources directory is a side effect from the fetching of the sources.

> rtems-5.0.0-m2003.tar.xz
> rtems-libbsd-5.0.0-m2003.tar.xz
> rtems-tools-5.0.0-m2003.tar.xz
>
> re-running the previous sb-set-builder I get
>
>> package: i386-rtems5-kernel-pc686-1
>> warning: checksum error: rtems-5.0.0-m2003.tar.xz
>> warning: removing: rtems-5.0.0-m2003.tar.xz
>> download: https://git.rtems.org/rtems/snapshot/rtems-5.0.0-m2003.tar.bz2 -> sources/rtems-5.0.0-m2003.tar.xz
>> download: https://git.rtems.org/rtems/snapshot/rtems-5.0.0-m2003.tar.bz2: error: HTTP Error 404: Not found
>> error: downloading https://git.rtems.org/rtems/snapshot/rtems-5.0.0-m2003.tar.bz2: all paths have failed, giving up
>> Build FAILED

This is a bug in the RSB. The --source-only-download is not picking up the
release path. I have created a ticket for this. If you do not use the
--source-only-download does it build?

> After some greping around I find that the hashes are in the VERSION file and confirm
> that indeed the hashes for rtems-5.0.0-m2003.tar.xz and rtems-libbsd-5.0.0-m2003.tar.xz
> don't match.  Correcting these (and manually downloading again...) completes successfully.

The hashes should match the top level release directory versions of the files.

> So, will it build?

For a PC up to libbsd. See below.

>> $ ../source-builder/sb-set-builder --prefix /home/mdavidsaver/source/rtems/usr 5/bsps/pc686 --no-download
> ... 30 min later
>> Build Set: 5/rtems-libbsd.bset
>> config: tools/rtems-libbsd-5.cfg
>> error: rtems-bsp.cfg:93: pkgconfig: check: invalid type of prefix: <type 'unicode'>

Ah that was fixed today. It was fixed with this patch ...

https://git.rtems.org/rtems-source-builder/commit/?id=9e49d20a308f3f7b41b522d147ca08b0f76e6b93

Please download the RSB and retest.

>> Build FAILED
>
> This is after the kernel build.  So getting further at least.

However libbsd for the PC will not build for the PC. The release is using the
5-freebsd-12 branch of libbsd and this branch does not had the PC patches that
master has and we cannot back port those patches because master and 5-freebsd-12
use different FreeBSD branches.

Chris