RTEMS 5.1 release time table

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Thu Mar 5 22:27:13 UTC 2020

Hello,

I have set a date for mid April in Trac for the 5.1 release [1].

I believe the major issues in the release workflow are stable so we can
now concentrate on a release.

Your help in getting us to the release is important and welcome. There
are a number of issues to resolve and the more we do the better RTEMS
5.1 will be.

All discussions will be taking place on devel at rtems.org

You can test your BSP with a release snapshot by downloading the RSB
source package from ...

https://ftp.rtems.org/pub/rtems/releases/5/5.0.0/5.0.0-m2003/

I am planing to branch at the end of March 2020 and creating RC1. The
time between creating the RC releases and the release will be small so
please check the snapshots if RTEMS 5.1 is important to you. If there is
demand for a m2003-2 etc snapshot let me know and I can create it.

Please review tickets for the 5.1 milestone [1] and provide fixes,
update the milestone or please add comments.

Thanks
Chris

[1] https://devel.rtems.org/milestone/5.1