Fwd: JTAG error with arm-rtems-gdb

Mario Palomares palomares.mario14 at gmail.com
Sun May 17 16:38:04 UTC 2020

---------- Forwarded message ---------
De: Mario Palomares <palomares.mario14 at gmail.com>
Date: dom., 17 may. 2020 a las 18:33
Subject: Re: JTAG error with arm-rtems-gdb
To: Alan Cudmore <alan.cudmore at gmail.com>

Hi Alan,

I have done what you told me (set up the whole environment) and it worked.
First i have to configure the RPI to boot on 64 bit mode (just setting a
parameter on config.txt) and later on could establish GDB connection with
the gdb the aaarch64 toolchain offers. Gdb-multiarch also worked.

It seems the problem is on that amrv8-a53 clusters working in 32 bit mode.
I don´t know if openOCD has support for amv8-a cores working in 32 bit or
if i have to change my configuration file.

Does this make sense to you?

As an alternative in case this doesn´t work i am currently trying to use
the remote debugging through libdebugger but i am experiencing some
problems when building the rtems-libbsd library. Should i ask here or
create another subject?.

Regards,
Mario