Fatal source exception in loopback sample on powerpc/qoriq_e6500_64

Mr. Andrei Chichak groups at chichak.ca
Mon Sep 14 17:31:08 UTC 2020

Not knowing much about what you are doing, but working with other members of the PPC family (MPC5634M) currently, your error dump is showing an IVOR2, which is a data storage interrupt, but doesn’t show some of the interesting registers.

SRRO will point at the instruction that caused the fault
SRR1 contains the MCR at the time of the fault

but

DEAR = 0x0404dda8

is the address in the page that was being accessed when the fault happened. So you may know what is being accessed, but not from where.

Take a look at https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/reference-manual/E6500RM.pdf  section 4.9.4 for more info.

I’ve seen this a lot when dereferencing pointers to addresses that the MMU doesn’t have mapped. IVOR6 shows up when you try and execute from addresses that are not in the MMU.

From what I’ve encountered, you should embrace this section of the manual since you will routinely see IVOR2, and 6.

Maybe this will help.