RTEMS SMP support for XEN BSP

Christian MAUDERER christian.mauderer at embedded-brains.de
Mon Jan 25 15:50:01 UTC 2021

Hallo Amirhossein,

Am 21.01.21 um 07:18 schrieb amir taghavi:
> Hello,
>
> It seems that SMP is not supported on XEN BSP, so I want to know why
> this feature is not implemented for this BSP.

Short answer: Most likely no one needed it yet. Therefore no one
implemented or tested it.

I had a look at the XEN BSP: It has been added by Jeff Kubascik end of
2019. He didn't seem to be very active since then but I added the mail
address he used for the commits back then on CC so maybe he will provide
some more information.

> And if it's possible, can anyone help me with enabling or implementing it?

What did you try to enable it?

A clean way would be to check what startup code is used, whether there
are some special drivers that might make problems and so on. But from a
first glance, the BSP doesn't seem to use too much special stuff. So you
might want to just try to turn on RTEMS_SMP during configuration and see
what happens.

Best regards

Christian

> best regards