Using LwIP on the STM32H7

Joel Sherrill joel at rtems.org
Thu Jan 28 14:11:41 UTC 2021

Specific addresses shouldn't be in the shared linkcmds.base.

You could define new macro names like the other memory types and addresses
and add those to the generic linkcmds. Then the linkcmds.base would
generically know those sections and your BSP could set the right macros to
place it.

One thought is to add linkcmds.lwip which have those special sections (if
they are common in LWIP -- not driver specific), and then have the BSP
define the right things and then include linkcmds.lwip and linkcmds.base.
That way BSPs which want to potentially use lwip could include the lwip
linkcmds fragment and get the sections.

But if those section names are driver specific, this isn't a good
organization and we will have to think more.

Hope that makes sense.

--joel