Getting STM32H7 ethernet networking working

Mr. Andrei Chichak groups at chichak.ca
Mon Mar 1 21:35:13 UTC 2021

Is the README.md in the master branch of rtems-libbsd the recommended set of instructions for getting the STM32H7 networking blob built?

Previously I had been following the RTEMS Networking User Manual, but the README.md file says that I should build my BSP with networking turned off.
From this I figured that networking turned on would bring in the legacy networking stack, which should not be mentioned.

Does the Networking User Manual describe the (shhh) legacy networking stack, or the bsd stack?

Does this mean that the bsd networking stack is a library that my application links against? Is that the right way to look at this?

Thanks,
Andrei