Issues with configuring BSP with waf

Joel Sherrill joel at rtems.org
Fri Mar 12 22:58:16 UTC 2021

On Thu, Mar 11, 2021 at 11:55 PM Ida Delphine <idadelm at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
> Please I need some help. Following the GSoC getting started guide(
> https://docs.rtems.org/branches/master/user/start/gsoc.html),everything
> went well to the point I had to do an offline download. I used this command
> ../source-builder/sb-set-builder --source-only-download 5/rtems-sparc

This command has a subtle mistake. If you are on the master, it should be
6/rtems-sparc.

I see 5 a couple of times at that URL. If you understand that when that was
written, the
git master was "headed to 5" and not that the "5 release branch" is cut,
the git master is
"headed to 6". That means 5 needs to change to 6 in there.

Also any reference to autoconf/automake and configure with --enable type
options
is out of date.

Corrections to documentation are very much appreciated. Please help
the next traveler avoid stepping in the same potholes.

--joel