Caching build objects: Waf and ccache

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
Tue Oct 5 09:50:32 UTC 2021

Hello Stanislav,

On 05/10/2021 11:17, Stanislav Pankevich wrote:
> I have a very specific question about the Waf build system. I apologize if
> I missed this information somewhere in the documentation.
>
>  From looking at ./waf --help it doesn't look like Waf would have a
> ccache-like functionality built in.
>
> When using CMake build system, I am used to providing
>
> -DCMAKE_CXX_COMPILER_LAUNCHER=ccache
>
> that makes CMake switch to using ccache. Is there an equivalent option for
> Waf or is there a native way in Waf for caching object artifacts?

you may have a look at this:

https://gitlab.com/ita1024/waf/blob/master/waflib/extras/wafcache.py

I don't know if this works with RTEMS. Do you want to use this for the
RTEMS build? I am not sure if it is worth the trouble since RTEMS builds
in a couple of seconds.

--
embedded brains GmbH
Herr Sebastian HUBER