Issue Compiling the Tool Suite on Windows 10

Joel Sherrill joel at rtems.org
Mon Sep 27 15:31:38 UTC 2021

On Mon, Sep 27, 2021, 9:32 AM Christian MAUDERER <
christian.mauderer at embedded-brains.de> wrote:

> Hello Luke,
>
> compiling the tool suite on Windows is a bit tricky in my experience and
> it needs ages. I just recently wanted to try a patch that would prefer
> python3 and had quite some problems with it:
>
> https://lists.rtems.org/pipermail/devel/2021-August/069006.html
>
>  From what I can say at the moment, I think your best bet is using msys2
> and not cygwin (if you have the choice). You'll need flex additionally
> to the packets given in the manual here:
>
>      https://docs.rtems.org/branches/master/user/hosts/windows.html#msys2
>
> For my patch that didn't work but I think with the current upstream RSB
> it should work.

Piling on, gdb 9 (RTEMS 5) will no longer build on Cygwin. Google finds
plenty of discussion on this and other packages.  I've discussed how to
deal with this with Chris. Looks I will be spending a small patch rather
than upgrading that branch to gdb 10.