Static allocation

Joel Sherrill joel at rtems.org
Tue Sep 28 19:39:43 UTC 2021

On Tue, Sep 28, 2021 at 11:21 AM Петр Борисенко <peter at awsmtek.com> wrote:

>  > By wanting static allocation only, you need to use the special task and queue create APIs for that and avoid services which do dynamic allocation
>
> Are we talking about some existing API? Can you provide a link for documentation?

Existing APIs. If you use rtems_task_create() the task stack will be
dynamically allocated. If you use rtems_task_construct(), you provide
the stack space and nothing is dynamically allocated.

https://docs.rtems.org/branches/master/c-user/task/directives.html#rtems-task-construct

Similar API for RTEMS message queue where you provide the pending
message buffers

https://docs.rtems.org/branches/master/c-user/message/directives.html#rtems-message-queue-construct

And you want to configure maximum numbers of each type of object so
they are pre-allocated. When you configure unlimited, there is no hard
limit, nothing is pre-allocated.

Sebastian is there any guidance in the Classic API or Users Guide
about static systems?