How can I run RTEMS kernel from SDRAM on TMDX570LC43 HDK?

Y. HB sprhawk at gmail.com
Wed Aug 17 08:39:27 UTC 2022

Hello,

About two weeks ago, I worked in running RTEMS (5.1) on TMS570LC43
Launchxl, and it booted and print via uart.

But when I tried to build CFS on RTEMS, it failed due to not enough memory,
so I bought a TMDX570LC43 HDK with 8MB sdram on it.

As indicated in https://devel.rtems.org/wiki/TBR/BSP/Tms570, due to Flash
has limited erase cycles, it is recommended to run program in SDRAM during
debug and tests.

I have seen SDRAM_SCI_configuration, there is no special code to jump to
RTEMS startup code. In the main(), it is merly setup SCI and EMIF, then
forever loop.

So if I want to run RTEMS in SDRAM after initialization after HALCoGen, how
should I start it ? use some GDB command or write a jump/branch instruction
before "forever loop" in main()?

Thanks