Failed to start RTEMS on tms570lc4357 loaded from SDRAM

Y. HB sprhawk at gmail.com
Mon Aug 22 08:36:24 UTC 2022

Hello,

I'm still working on bringing RTEMS on tms570lc43x. Although I can start
RTEMS from tms570 flash, but to minimize flash erase cycles, I want to load
RTEMS from SDRAM like said in RTEMS wiki.

I started a flashed program generated by HalCoGen, and loaded the program
to SDRAM by gdb.

However, when I load program by gdb, and run from 0x80000000(start address
of SDRAM), the code run though start.S, to bsp_start_hook_1, which runs
bsp_start_copy_sections() and bsp_start_clear_bss(), then it runs into
exception.

During Steps, I see the LR register is not set to a valid address
(lr=0x4d18, at the end of work_begin label inside bsp_start_memcpy,
apparently it is not a SDRAM address).

Can anyone give me some hints on how to debug it?

Thanks