Failed to build rtems 5.1 by rsb under debian 11 with LLVM DebugInfo enabled

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
Mon Jul 4 05:58:48 UTC 2022

On 03/07/2022 06:13, 起飞的老杨sprhawk wrote:
> Hello there.
>
> I found the reason.
>
> The c++ features used inside Symbolize.h is std c++ 14, but c++ options
> listed in wscript in all projects under rtems-tools has -std=c++11,
> which cause it failed to build.
>
> I manually modified the options in wscript, it all compiled
>
> The next question is: how can I put a patch to let RSB build with
> -std=c++14?

Thanks for having a look a this. I think this bug was already fixed by:

commit 0a5d2057749066e7d184836e92c7ce5334fccc90
Author: Christian Mauderer <christian.mauderer at embedded-brains.de>
Date:   Mon Jun 8 08:52:10 2020 +0200

     trace: Use c++14 instead of c++11 if possible

     llvm version 10 uses features from c++14 standard in the headers. With
     that, the record/record-main-lttng.cc doesn't build any more. This
patch
     makes sure that c++14 is used if it is available.

     Updates #4495

Unfortunately, this fix is not included in the RTEMS 5.1 release. It
will be included in the 5.2 release.

--
embedded brains GmbH
Herr Sebastian HUBER