Generating coverage report with rtems-test

Jerzy J yuralogplus at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 11:01:37 UTC 2022

Hi,

I'm still trying to generate coverage reports with RTEMS 6 and
gr712rc/leon3 bsps using rtems-test.

However I get a weird behaviour when coverage is generated.
The command I use:
`./rtems-test --rtems-tools=$HOME/RTEMS/rtems/6 --log=log_leon3_sis
--rtems-bsp=leon3-sis-cov --coverage
~/RTEMS/src/rtems/build/sparc/gr712rc/testsuites/validation/ts-model-barrier-mgr-0.exe`

In the log file generated i can see that tests pass, but after that I get:
`Running coverage analysis
(/home/yoman/RTEMS/rtems/6/bin/leon3-sis-coverage)
Function is both external and inlined: _Thread_Priority_perform_actions
Function is both external and inlined: _Thread_Priority_perform_actions
Function is both external and inlined: _Thread_Clear_state_locked
similar stuff - bunch of other functions
Function is both external and inlined: rtems_counter_initialize_converter
Function is both external and inlined: rtems_version_minor
Function is both external and inlined: _Heap_Get_first_and_last_block
Error while running sparc-rtems6-objdump on
/home/yoman/RTEMS/src/rtems/build/sparc/gr712rc/testsuites/validation/ts-model-barrier-mgr-0.exe
Objdump error in generating objdump
Coverage time: 0:00:00.925464
Coverage generating reports
Coverage analysis finished: /home/yoman/RTEMS/rtems/6/bin`

In the generated report everything is at 100% coverage, but it just
contains unreferenced symbols and 0's otherwise. Branch and other reports
are empty.
I checked and it's same when SMP is enabled or disabled, as well as when
trying other tests. In fact it seems I have exactly same issue with any
test I try, even hello.exe.

Any suggestions as to how to fix it?

Thank you in advance and all the best!
Jerzy