Is most drivers interfaces should be driver or application specific?

Y. HB sprhawk at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 09:55:39 UTC 2022

Hello all.

I'm writing drivers ( like ADC ) for tms570 on RTEMS.
To my understanding for now, there are two ways to implement non common
interface drivers.
1. write a specific driver.h/.c pair to be called like PWM driver inside
bsps/arm/beagle/
2. use I/O Manager interfaces.

The latter IO Manager way still requires a specific void * argument to pass
actual parameters into the driver, but at least it could provide a way to
make application specific or general driver interface not SoC / Device
specific.

Is my understanding correct?