python 2 vs 3 difficulties

Matt Wette matt.wette at gmail.com
Fri Dec 15 20:17:38 UTC 2023

Hi All,

I've been away from RTEMS for a very long time.  Years ago a dabbled in
the docs and building but never implemented in h/w.

I tried souce builder with RTEMS 5 and ran into numerous issues with not
having python2 installed and having python linked to python3. It looked
to me like the fix may be in RTEMS 6.  Is that true?

My intended target is riscv, on simulator (if exists) for the near
term.   I do have a RV32I board.

And just for the kicks of it I'm working on a RTEMS package builder for
guix (https://guix.gnu.org).
If any others have done this I'd like to know.

Matt