Current python with RTEMS efforts

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Thu Feb 9 00:27:27 UTC 2023

On 9/2/2023 6:26 am, Scobie, Rory Hewitt wrote:

> I was wondering if anyone knows of active efforts to build python and run it
> under RTEMS?

I do not know of any active efforts.

> Web searches found ESA’s efforts with micropython and some old instructions from
> the python 2.4 / RTEMS 4.6 timeframe, however I didn’t find anything more
> recent.  Are there any current efforts or information about building and running
> python under RTEMS?

I have built and used cpython on RTEMS successfully. It is old and you can find
the efforts archived here:

https://ftp.rtems.org/pub/rtems/archive/current_contrib/python/

I have no idea how much value this is with a current python version. Python
worked really well and the product that used it could read POP and IMAP mailboxes.

Chris