Dynamic loader usage in RTEMS 5.1

John Clemens john.clemens at jhuapl.edu
Fri Jan 13 20:58:11 UTC 2023

I'm trying to understand how to build/link code to use the dynamic
loader in RTEMS v5.1. I'm using
https://docs.rtems.org/releases/rtems-5.1/user/exe/loader.html as a
reference.

My codebase has a core object and several components that will be loaded
at boot time.  I do the 2-pass linking step with the embedded global
symbol table on my core object, and then run rtems-syms to generate
"*-sym.o" objects for my runtime files (but do -not- send them through a
second linking pass).

Now I have a core object and several "fooX.o" and "fooX-sym.o" files..
what do I do from here?  Are the fooX-sym.o files supposed to be linked
into the core object somehow?

I'm sure I'm missing an obvious step.  Any pointers?

Thanks!
john.c

--
John Clemens <john.clemens at jhuapl.edu>